24 November 2011

Detail from the Torres del Paine mirador


In the evening I climbed through light, blowing snow to the mirador (viewpoint) looking over the small lake and towards the Torres del Paine. Only three other people shared the evening, but although the cloud never cleared completely and the cold never relented, the reward in terms of the light more than compensated.



[19 November 2011, Panasonic Lumix GH1, 14–45 mm at 45 mm, ISO 200, 1/80 at f16]
 

All content © 2011 Pete McGregor

4 comments:

Patricia said...

My husband swears that he will take me here one day but I think that this will be my only view!

Zhoen said...

Oh. Oh, thank you.

michael.offworld said...

Hello Ansel!

pohanginapete said...

Patricia, make him keep his promise. Patagonia's everything you might imagine it to be, even with the tourists. If he reneges, insist on coming to New Zealand instead — the similarities between Patagonia and parts of New Zealand are striking.

Zhoen, you're welcome. Glad I can share these moments.

Michael, that's quite some compliment! Thanks :^)