20 October 2012

Blue boat, low tide, Puerto Natales


To most travellers, Puerto Natales is little more than a stopover en route to the Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego and Ushuaia. But I loved it for its own sake — so much so, I even half-wondered how I might settle down there, at least for a few months. Maybe work on my shamefully poor Spanish, write, wander, photograph the endlessly fascinating shoreline.


[4 December 2011, Panasonic Lumix GH1, 14–45 mm at 14 mm, ISO 100, 1/160 at f16]

All content © 2012 Pete McGregor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the composition in this photo. Quite beautiful.

Joan said...

What Robiln said. And the colors!

pohanginapete said...

Robin, Joan: thank you. I spent hours here, just out of town, enjoying looking for photographs or, often, just enjoying nothing in particular. Sometimes I'd find a relatively sheltered spot and brew up a cafe con leche and drink it slowly, watching the birds and trying to understand where I was. I think this conveys something of the feel, and I'm glad you appreciate it.