20 February 2014

A better model for a soft toy?

Relatively Retiring apparently has plans to make soft toys inspired by a couple of earlier photographs (here and here). I'm sure her grand-daughter would be delighted with either version, but in case a more, ..., er, ... conventional soft toy might be needed, this might be a better model. It's a porina moth — the host of one of the other models.*

(My sense of humour might be unusual, but you can't say I don't have one.)


* Actually, the moth isn't at risk — the fly parasitises the caterpillars.




[19 February 2014, Olympus OM-D EM-1, 60 mm f2.8 Macro , ISO 200, 1/80 at f5.6; focus stacked]

All content © 2014 Pete McGregor

7 comments:

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

Oh my! What an awesome idea - soft toys modeled on some of your photos. This moth, I agree, looks like it could be translated into something very cuddly. Seriously - I do love soft toys. The jumping spider reminds me, oddly, of a soft ring-tailed lemur I have; my son gave me a 'Shaun the Sheep' (have you seen those Aardman productions?) a couple of years ago ... then there are the toys I've made ... As you can tell, I'm an old softie. Thanks! Take care.

Relatively Retiring said...

Oh yes! It even looks as if it has a zip already in place!
I'll be taking some time out in the near future, so this is a project to keep my mind elsewhere.

Zhoen said...

Strangely cuddly.

Elephant's Child said...

Relatively retiring is right about the already present zip. And I am pretty certain that I would happily snuggle with this toy...

pohanginapete said...

Barbara, a ring-tailed lemur soft toy sounds as good as it gets, so if the jumping spider reminds you of that, maybe a soft-toy version isn't as weird as it sounds. (Shaun-the-sheep is delightful, too.)

RR, the more I think about it, the more I realise a lot of not-at-all-obvious subjects might make interesting soft toys. You might have started something ;^)

Zhoen, both words seem totally apt.

EC, I'm pretty sure RR's grand-daughter would (will) too.

Zhoen said...

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/

pohanginapete said...

Brilliant! Thanks Zhoen.